Seedboxes have become very popular among members of the torrent community in the past couple of years and for very valid reasons so. The same is set to continue for a very long time into the future as torrent users frequently continue to be troubled by privacy issues.
Take care of all your privacy issues by using a Seedbox
Privacy is one of the biggest concerns for torrent users in today’s day and age and using a seedbox is increasingly being seen as a very good way of addressing such issues. The Internet is increasingly becoming more of a public space but that doesn’t mean that your internet history needs to be seen by everyone else. It doesn’t mean that your privacy and anonymity has to be compromised. There are ways to work around these issues and using a Seedbox might be everything you could possibly need for addressing all of your anonymity and privacy concerns.
What exactly is a Seedbox?
If you are someone who is frequently active in the torrent community, then you must have surely heard about a Seedbox!
Still don’t know what it means..?
Don’t worry we are here to help you out.
In layman’s terms, a seedbox is nothing but a dedicated server at a high-speed datacenter which comes with a public IP address and is used primarily for uploading and downloading torrent files. Seedboxes are an excellent way to achieve quick upload and download of files through a peer-to-peer network.
Top 5 benefits of using Seedboxes
If you have been contemplating using a Seedbox but still haven’t been able to make up your mind, then read on further to know the top benefits of a Seedbox and the most compelling benefits of owning a Seedbox. Let’s get started!
1. Speed :- Speed is the most important benefits of a Seedbox and the speed can range from anywhere between 10Mbps to 1Gbps depending on how much the Seedbox costs. Even if you get on a shared seedbox where you will have to share the bandwidth with others, you can easily avail speeds of upto 30Mbps for as low as $10 a month. Dedicated Seedboxes are available for as low as $40 to however large your cheque book is. Even with the cheapest seedbox in the market, your home internet connection will appear snail-like. All you need to do is to set up the seedbox, relax and avail the insanely fast speeds facilitated by the Seedbox. With the help of a Seedbox you will be able to download a full operating system in under 40 seconds and a full HD movie in under two minutes.
2. Downloading & Uploading :- Speed is one the most primary benefits of using a Seedbox so you will be able to download torrents at insanely fast and amazing speeds. Serious users of torrent are more interested in Seeding than downloading. This is because they need good ratios to maintain a healthy membership otherwise they run the huge risk of their accounts withering away and dying. With the help of a seedbox you will be able to achieve a ratio of 1:1 in just under 60 seconds. When it comes to popular torrents, you might even be able to achieve ratios of 10:1 in the very first hour. When you have a Seedbox you will no longer need to seed a file for days, weeks and months to stay in the good books of your private tracker. You will easily be able to delete old torrents and replace it with new torrents. Unlike home internet connections, you won’t face any issues like upload limitations or the accompanying slower upload rates.
3. Security & Safety :- When you use a Seedbox, you are almost guaranteed high-end safety and security. When you use a Seedbox you won’t need to use any Bit Torrent clients on your PC, which means no worries of RIAA or MPAA spying on you. No longer any worries of getting DMCAA notices by your ISP or any other warning letters. You will get cent percent security whilst using a seedbox. It’s high-security ensures that it is one of the safest and most private way of uploading files.
4. Prohibits Peer-to-peer traffic :- There are many places where downloading files on a peer to peer traffic is prohibited. Such places include schools, workplaces and even homes, where the ISP is blocked for such kind of activity. Using a Seedbox is an excellent way to work around such issues. On a Seedbox you can easily download files that you might need at a later time. A Seedbox is equipped with a web-browser based management application that you can use to remotely download files and later you can load these files to your home computer by using ways, such as FTP and HTTP.
5. Conveniently Stream Video Files :- When it comes to hosting media files, a seedbox does it rather well. Some Seedboxes in today’s day and age come with pre-installed apps like Plex or KODI which turn the Seedbox into a literal media center. This makes it very easy for people to sort out their favorite audio and video content from various libraries and directly stream such content through a web browser on the Seedbox. When you have a Seedbox you won’t need to open a private account and instead you can directly stream the chosen content from the Seedbox itself.
The Bottom Line
There you go. Those were the top 5 benefits of seedboxes that can be availed, if and when you begin using them. The best part is that you won’t need to break the bank or burn a hole in your pocket to avail the amazing benefits of seedboxes as they are available for as low as $10 on a monthly basis. Other benefits include the ability to run operations 24/7 without shutting down anything and without worrying about your connection speed. Further, seedbox companies have been expanding their storage capabilities which means that there is a lot more space for you to store your files on. When you use a seedbox you will find it very easy to save a lot of space on your computer.